Pages

17 August 2011

Double master

I am now the proud holder of two masters degrees. One in performance of music and one in music education. I actually graduated a couple of months ago in June, but this blog has been so far down my priority list for the past year and a half, it didn't actually occur to me that I could write something in it again until now.

So yeah. Done with school. And let me tell you, it was madness. The theoretical classes from a 4,5 year program crammed into three semesters - the pace was just ludicrous. Out of our class of originally six students, only two of us managed to graduate on time. Two are maybe graduating for Christmas, and the other two seem unlikely to graduate at all. How I managed to graduate, I have no clue, but it took some serious effort. I'm incredibly happy it's all over, and I'm even more happy that I never have to set foot in that place again. The lack of organisation in that place is just mind-boggling. Apparently, the students are responsible for making sure they have all the information that they don't know the teachers were supposed to have given them. I kinda lost hope after the fifth time I went to ask a teacher about the starting date for a course, only to be met with a blank stare and the question: "Uuhm.... Am I supposed to be teaching you?" The administration doesn't talk to the teachers or each other, and the teachers don't talk to anyone. How anything at all gets done, I have no clue... But I'm done! Done, I tell you! I am officially done with my studies! I graduated, I finished all of it, and I never have to go back! Awesome!

So much has happened in the last year and a half it feels unreal somehow. Both my grandparents died, I got married, me and my wife moved into an awesome apartment, school happened, I played in concerts, went on a crazy road trip in Finland, and gave myself tendonitis in both wrists by sewing two underquilts and a mosquito net for our camping hammocks. I also managed to write a bunch of new songs, but I haven't been able to record them yet. My new apartment doesn't have grounded electrical outlets in all rooms, so I can't plug in all my equipment. I'll have to do something about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment