Pages

26 June 2007

Hot summer...

The summer has been pretty warm here lately, and today was another warm and humid day. It can get pretty warm back home too in the summer, though maybe not quite this warm, but it's the humidity that is killing me. I feel like someone poured a gallon of syrup over my head, I'm all warm and sticky. We bought an air conditioner for the bedroom at Walmart. They had this 5000 btu machine on sale for 99 dollars. It's a pretty small one, big enough to cool down a room of about 14,5 square meters, which is about perfect for the bedroom. Now, maybe a dehumidifier wouldn't be such a bad idea either...

I ordered an electric bass a few weeks ago, I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Who would have thought that it takes over two weeks for something to get from Edmonton to here? Anyway, it's a titanium white ESP B-50, and I'm looking forward to getting started with it. I have a bunch of songs I'm itching to record. I have a pretty clear idea what I want to do with them, I just need the bass to be able to record all tracks and get a full band sound. Up until now, I've recorded a few songs that are for voice and guitar only, I'll put them up online once I get a few more songs done.

In other news, I might have a couple of upcoming shows in the Montreal area, starting in September. Nothing is booked for sure yet, but we're working on making a few shows happen with myself playing some of my material, Nikki Brown doing spoken word, and Cozmos Quazar playing some of his stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Exciting news! I'm (still) looking forward to hearing some of your new songs. :)

    ReplyDelete