Pages

01 September 2009

Chain rings

Due to popular demand, here are some pictures of some of the chainmaille rings and other stuff that I've made. I've been meaning to put these up for sale on eBay or something, but I haven't gotten my ass in gear yet.

This first one is a ring made out of titanium, bronze and silver. I made up the pattern and used three different metals as an experiment. I think I like the way it looks.

This is a bracelet made of titanium and steel. I found the pattern for this online, I think it's called Dragonback or something like that. It's a pretty dense weave, so the bracelet took forever to make and is quite heavy, even though it doesn't really look it. The chain is about ½ inch wide.

This third one is a ring made out of stainless steel. The chain is called half-persian 4-in-1, I think. It's not very difficult to make once you get the hang of it, but joining the ends to make it a ring is really tricky. It's a very dense chain, so you need pliers with very thin tips to pull it off. The engagement rings that Gin and I have are made out of this chain, but they are titanium on one edge and rose gold on the other.

Gin has started making rings and stuff too, and between us I think we have around 20 rings, and a couple of bracelets, earrings, and necklaces. It's fun stuff to make. :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice. Maybe you should try Etsy. It is for all handmade things and the fees are way lower than eBay. I was a buyer there until a couple of months ago. I bought a lot of stuff there. It takes a lot of self promotion, though. You can't just list stuff and people come flocking to it like they do stuff on eBay. On the other hand people don't tend to flock to handmade stuff on Ebay either.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea, thanks! I was looking at eBay, and the fees are stupidly high there, I think. Combined with the paypal fee, it's like 2 dollars off a 10 dollar sale. Pffff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absoluttely gorgeous. I love them. I suppose it's not surprising to discover that your creativity is not limited to music alone. Many artists I know are also musicians and many musicians I know are wlso artists too.

    ReplyDelete